Tendinitis of the elbow is known as tennis elbow if the pain is located on the outer side. Tendinitis of the elbow is known as a golfer’s elbow if the pain is located on the inner side.
Pro Physiotherapy near me is one of the best in Bangalore for the treatment of tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow.
It occurs frequently in sports activities that require repetitive motions of the forearm (racquet sports, golf, baseball). Tendinitis is also can be an occupational disease that is involved in repetitive forearm motion like brooming, squeezing out the by rinsing the cloths.
The pain may be constant or occur only with / or after performing repetitive movements of the forearm.
Localized pain on the outside of the elbow that is exacerbated by resisted supination or resisted extension of the wrist or fingers is indicative of tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis is the medical term).
The pain is located on the inside of the elbow and is exacerbated by resisted forearm pronation or resisted flexion of the wrist is indicative of a golfer’s elbow (medial epicondylitis).
The treatment for tendinitis of the elbow include:
* Rest, in acute cases can be placed in a splint.
* Massage with Hot. (Compresses)
* Analgesics non-inflammatory steroids.
* Physical therapy: stretching, muscle strengthening, ultrasound, phonophoresis, laser, etc.
* Cortisone injection: no more than two.
* Bracing: specially designed ribbons and wristbands.
* Shock waves.
Because this disease is caused by Overuse is very important to determine the cause and correct it to ensure healing. For example, if the patient is an athlete who plays tennis should be reviewed:
* The tech sportswear, the faulty technique may be the cause of the disease.
* The team, often the patient is not using the proper racquet (very large fist, a lot of tension in the strings, etc.).
* If the patient is not an athlete but is a worker must review and modify activity played.
In patients, conservative treatment has failed often and can offer the alternative of surgical treatment which basically consists of removing the tissue inflammation of the tendons, and sometimes free the nerves that go to the affected area. Pro Physiotherapy, the best physiotherapist near me, provides treatment for tendinitis like tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, etc by using a special and latest technique called TNT- Tendon Neuroplastic Training along with electrotherapy and stretching and strengthening program.